Samstag, 28. August 2021

alternate endings (After Clara McGowan)

It's way too cold in here and I just can't seem to get used to it. Then I see you standing in the doorway, glistening, and my heart skips a beat. How on earth am I gonna tell you...? "I thought about your proposal. And you should know how grateful I am for giving me that opportunity, but I can't take up on that offer. It's too much. Hell, I'm not even sure if it's the right thing to do - "
"If that's what you really want", you silently reply, and I slowly nod, but I can see that the spark from your eye has gone. And just like that... I've broken your heart.

or

"Maybe we should increase your medication... Excuse me? Are you listening?" No. I'm not listening to what my doctor is saying. I'm not speaking either, to him or anybody else. I have trouble sleeping and I haven't eaten in days. All I've been doing is sitting there, staring at the bandage around my left wrist, wishing I had ceased to exist. Because I can't bear the pain of losing you. And I don't think that I ever will. I just need it all to stop.

or

The calender shows that it's almost December; in my mind it's still June. I'm stuck and I'm repeating your words over and over again, but it's been months and you still haven't talked to me about... change. Then, on a Monday evening, I finally gather all my courage. "I've been wanting to ask you about... you know, about us." My voice is trembling, and all over sudden you seem really concerned. "I guess there's no easy way to tell you this, so I'm just getting it over with. You know I really wanted this to work, but on a second glance I realized there are risks I'm not willing to take. Not even for you. I'm sorry." And just like that... you've broken my heart.

or

"I know you mean well but I can't keep doing this. This isn't enough."
"You're right. Let's get out of here."
"Where are we going?"
"Home."

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen